Donations requested by October 29.
It is time once again for our most popular fundraiser! Our next online auction will be November 10-17, 2018. Proceeds from the online auction will provide a major funding source for our advocacy during the 2019 Kentucky legislative session.
This is a great opportunity to get statewide (and beyond!) exposure for your business while helping out a phenomenal cause. Each listing will contain photos of your donation and/or business logo in addition to your page/website/contact info to draw even more business! We will also do donor shout-outs across various social media platforms. Items in our most recent auction were viewed over 8,000 times with buyers from 12 states.
Auction donations should be new or newly made and can take a variety of forms from goods to services. Examples include handmade goods; jewelry; gift certificates to a local business, restaurant, or for services; “birthy” items; baby gear; or whatever type of product you provide. If you do not make, sell, or provide anything yourself, you can also solicit donations from your favorite businesses! Items do not have to pertain to women, babies, or birth, but it is fine if they do! We strive to have something for everyone in our auction. Every donation helps us get closer to our goal of improving birth options in Kentucky. Direct Marketing, handmade, purchased items…any and all donations welcome! See below for examples of past auction items.
To make a donation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Description of item(s) being donated
- Value of item(s) (or your best estimate for handmade items)
- One or more photos of the item(s)
- Your contact info: name, phone number, and e-mail address. Please also include your business name and website, if applicable.
Donations can be mailed to:
226 Sage Rd
Louisville, KY 40207
If you are in contact with one of our volunteers, you can also arrange to have the volunteer pick up your item. Gift certificates or other items in electronic format may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your donation is such that the winning bidder will pick it up from you at the conclusion of the auction, we will notify you of the name and contact information of the winning bidder for your item(s). Donations are requested by October 29.
Do not miss this chance to play a major role in the efforts to change the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation!
Some examples of past auction items have been:
- Handmade blankets
- Tattoo gift certificates
- Massage gift certificates
- CSA shares and produce baskets
- Handmade soaps and personal care items
- Essential oil sets
- Baby items of all types
- Mama cloth
- Cloth diapers and diapering accessories
- Chiropractic & Wellness packages
- Photography packages
- Childbirth education packages
- Baby carriers, slings, and wraps
- Placental encapsulation packages
- Magazine subscriptions
- T-shirts, socks, and other apparel
- Unique artwork of all kinds
- Cookies, cupcakes, and cake gift certificates
- Cookbooks, spices, and cooking accessories
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Yoga packages
- Cleaning products
- Handmade items of every shape, sort, and size
- Sports tickets
- Arts and Entertainment tickets (movies, plays, musical)
- And so much more!
Items that do not sell well include doula services and “discounts” on items that do not include the full item.